Stallion Keep Up, Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park, Australia, Parx, Sunland Park & Groupie Doll's final race. view slideshow
Grade III winner Keep Up will retire from racing and begin his stud career at Mill Ridge near Lexington. He will stand for $5,000 live foal stands and nurses.
A patient ride from jockey Juan Vargas and a grinding late run brought Potomac River to the winner's circle at the end of the 1 1/8-mile turf event Nov. 23 at Churchill Downs, trainer Sergio Baez's first graded stakes score.
Cathy and Bob Zollars' Daddy Nose Best will attempt to notch his fourth consecutive victory when facing a full field of 13 other rivals in the Nov. 23 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Donegal Racing's multiple grade I winner Dullahan takes on two-time Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) victor Rahystrada in the July 13 renewal of the 1 1/4-mile turf event at Arlington Park.
The $100,000 Aristides Stakes (gr. III) may be the feature worth the most June 1 at Churchill Downs, but a familiar cast of characters makes the $65,000 Opening Verse a more intriguing contest.
Successfully rehabbed after a 15-month break for a bowed tendon, 30-1 shot Keep Up defeated multiple graded stakes winner Boisterous by a half-length Nov. 25 in the River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos