Breeders have done a good job cutting the numbers of horses that they breed and reducing the stud fees of stallions. Now, some other things have to happen for the Thoroughbred industry to get out of its slump. Read Blog
With about one hour remaining in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday, top price of $650,000 had been paid by Emanuel and Laura de Seroux's Narvick International for a Pleasant Colony colt consigned by Ciaran Dunne's Wavertree Stables Inc. Three juveniles had fetched the co-second highest price of $400,000.
Funeral services for longtime Keeneland auctioneer Tom Caldwell were held at Shepherd of the Valley on Tuesday, with burial following at Memory Gardens in Medford, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Lexie Lou Headlines Victoriana Stakes
- What's Going On Here: Sporting Gestures
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Oaklawn Strengthening 2017 Handicap Division
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- PNGI Reports Increased Earnings for Quarter