Breeders have done a good job cutting the numbers of horses that they breed and reducing the stud fees of stallions. Now, some other things have to happen for the Thoroughbred industry to get out of its slump. Read Blog
With about one hour remaining in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday, top price of $650,000 had been paid by Emanuel and Laura de Seroux's Narvick International for a Pleasant Colony colt consigned by Ciaran Dunne's Wavertree Stables Inc. Three juveniles had fetched the co-second highest price of $400,000.
Funeral services for longtime Keeneland auctioneer Tom Caldwell were held at Shepherd of the Valley on Tuesday, with burial following at Memory Gardens in Medford, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night