Breeders have done a good job cutting the numbers of horses that they breed and reducing the stud fees of stallions. Now, some other things have to happen for the Thoroughbred industry to get out of its slump. Read Blog
With about one hour remaining in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday, top price of $650,000 had been paid by Emanuel and Laura de Seroux's Narvick International for a Pleasant Colony colt consigned by Ciaran Dunne's Wavertree Stables Inc. Three juveniles had fetched the co-second highest price of $400,000.
Funeral services for longtime Keeneland auctioneer Tom Caldwell were held at Shepherd of the Valley on Tuesday, with burial following at Memory Gardens in Medford, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby