Breeders have done a good job cutting the numbers of horses that they breed and reducing the stud fees of stallions. Now, some other things have to happen for the Thoroughbred industry to get out of its slump. Read Blog
With about one hour remaining in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training Tuesday, top price of $650,000 had been paid by Emanuel and Laura de Seroux's Narvick International for a Pleasant Colony colt consigned by Ciaran Dunne's Wavertree Stables Inc. Three juveniles had fetched the co-second highest price of $400,000.
Funeral services for longtime Keeneland auctioneer Tom Caldwell were held at Shepherd of the Valley on Tuesday, with burial following at Memory Gardens in Medford, Ore.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- 'Breaking' in a New Fan