Caravaggio stayed unbeaten in winning the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) Aug. 7 at the Curragh, in an effortless performance some observers said was no more than glorified workout for the Kentucky-bred Scat Daddy colt.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien's brilliant juvenile, Kentucky-bred Caravaggio, the early favorite for next year's Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I), is among the 10 entries for the €250,000 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien's Air Force Blue, a Kentucky-bred son of War Front, turned the tables on familiar rival Buratino and won the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) for 2-year-olds Aug. 9 at the Curragh.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien's domination of the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) continued Aug. 10 with Dick Whittington edging past favorite Kool Kompany late in the race for 2-year-olds at the Curragh.
Kool Kompany and Anthem Alexander head the nine-horse field for the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) Aug. 10 at the Curragh in what looks to be the best juvenile contest of the season.
Keeneland Association announced it has extended its sponsorship of the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at The Curragh Racecourse in Ireland for an additional three years.
Outsider Pedro the Great drew off in the final furlong to post a 2 3/4-length victory in the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Ire-I) at the Curragh Aug. 12.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Bayern's First Foal, a Filly, Arrives in Ontario
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Jockey Olguin Secures Milestone Win
- Stonestreet to Sponsor Lexington Stakes, Purse Boosted
- R. A. Hill Stable Buys Into Breaking Lucky
- Metaboss to Harris Farms in California
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup