Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm canceled the Oct. 31 preview show that was to be held at the Versailles, Ky. operation for its annual horses in training that will be sold at the upcoming Keeneland November mixed sale.
Last year's champion older female Fleet Indian is scheduled to sell in foal to Storm Cat on the opening day of the 2007 Keeneland November mixed sale. Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent, will consign the 6-year-old mare, who is believed to be carrying a colt based on fetal sexing, on behalf of her owner, Paul Saylor.
Racing or Stallion Prospect Half Ours Tops Opening Session of Keeneland November Breeding Stock Sale
The 14-day Keeneland November breeding stock sale kicked off with a bang when Half Ours was purchased by Aaron U. Jones for $6.1 million, which is a record for a horse in training sold at Keeneland.
Keeneland closed the books on the 2005 edition of its November mixed sale Friday with increases in gross, average, and median. The total number of horses sold fell slightly compared to last year.
Summer Scene, a half-sister to Bessemer Trust Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Stevie Wonderboy, brought a top price of $600,000 to top Wednesday's 10th session of the 2005 Keeneland November mixed sale.
The 2004 Keeneland November mixed sale came to a close Friday with a mare in foal to A Fleets Dancer bringing a session-high price of $41,000. Mist On the Hill was purchased by Classic Bloodstock from the consignment of Windfields Farm, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Klosterman’s Legacy Continues at Fasig-Tipton