The Keeneland Library will offer for sale a number duplicate books, journals, and magazines from its collections March 6-8 in Lexington.
The Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame has donated a digital collection of the late trainer MacKenzie Miller's win photos to Lexinton's Keeneland Library and Saratoga's National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame.
Keeneland officials announced Feb. 6 that the Keeneland Library has secured the former Thoroughbred Times library collection and photo archives, which were recently sold via an online auction.
The Keeneland library has been awarded a National Endowment for the Humanities Preservation Assistance Grant for Smaller Institutions to aid in preserving collections of work by Bert Morgan and Pierre "Peb" Bellocq.
Keeneland Association and the New York Racing Association are collaborating on a project to preserve NYRA's film and video archives, which span more than 100 years of racing.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association announced Tuesday that the new Keeneland library, one of the world's largest public-access repositories for information related to Thoroughbred horseracing and the Thoroughbred breed, has been selected to receive a Special Eclipse Award.
Keeneland dedicated a new, 10,000 square-foot Thoroughbred history library at a Friday morning ceremony attended by about 75 people. The library will be open to the public July 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet
- Wise Dan to Make Return in Bernard Baruch
- Storm and a Half to Stand in Iowa
- Unbeaten Taghrooda Heads Yorkshire Oaks
- Tiz Wonderful Colt Sells for OKC Sale Record
- Consignors Provide Keeneland Showing Schedule
- Haskin's Top Sprinters of the Last 50 Years
- New Mexico Owner/Breeder Danley Dies