Steps being taken by the Keeneland Association to cut expenses, such as the current effort to have some employees accept buyouts, will also affect the organization's support of charities.
Kentucky's at-risk horses are set to receive a gift from the Keeneland Foundation and Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky in the form of a $20,000 grant to the Kentucky Equine Humane Center.
The Keeneland Foundation, in partnership with the Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association, Thoroughbred Charities of America, Starquine, and the Casner Family Foundation, announced Oct. 26 the results of a hurricane relief effort launched during the September Sales.
The Keeneland Foundation in Lexington has made a $2,500 grant to New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program to help fund the transitional training aspect of its program.
At its annual holiday luncheon Dec. 5, Keeneland announced it has given $705,260 in contributions to nearly 80 charitable organizations in 2003.
Fans of Seabiscuit who want to get that red carpet treatment can now request tickets to the two Kentucky premieres of the feature film. Limited reservations are now available for the July 19 premiere at Lexington's Kentucky Theater.
Seabiscuit a feature film from Universal Pictures, DreamWorks Pictures, and Spyglass Entertainment, will be premiered in Lexington and Louisville July 19. The two Kentucky cities are among only a select few across the United States that will host official premieres in advance of the nationwide release of the film on July 25.
The Keeneland Foundation announced Sept. 27 it will underwrite the production costs of instructional videos aimed at educating Hispanic workers in the equine and farming workforces.
Most Popular Stories
- And They're Off: 2013 Offy Awards
- Flashback Likely Pick Among Malibu Probables
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Older Divisions
- Digging Deeper into Breeders' Cup Lasix Study
- Valenzuela Expects Healthy Santa Anita Meet
- Native Diver Monument Moving to Del Mar
- Stretch Out No Problem for Unbeaten Samraat
- GII Winner Forty Tales Retires to Sequel NY
- Hangin' With Haskin: My Top 10 Racing Movies
- Breeder Berglar Earns Breeders' Cup Award