A Lemon Drop Kid filly that sold for $400,000 was the top-priced offering at the early portion of the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington April 9.
Keeneland has cataloged 181 horses for its April 2-year-olds in training sale, to be held Monday, April 5.
None of the five juveniles offered found new homes during the online "RNA" auction conducted by Keeneland on Friday. The horses had been offered previously in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training on Tuesday.
After a slow start, Keeneland's April auction of 2-year-olds in training closed with a flurry of bidding Tuesday that helped establish sale records for both average price and median price. The 91 horses sold grossed $14,898,000 and averaged $163,714. The median was $125,000. Compared to a year ago, the number sold plunged by 26.0%, and the gross dropped by 19.5%. However, the average and median enjoyed increases of 8.8% and 19.0%, respectively.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Most Popular Stories
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- 2015 Preakness Stakes Logo Unveiled
- Delaware Park Cancels July 28 Racing Program
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Milestone Victory for Jockey Centeno
- Big Macher Collects Grade I Bing Crosby Win
- Tonalist, Kid Cruz Exit Jim Dandy Well
- Del Mar Shifting Turf Races After Breakdowns
- Antipathy Convincing Winner in Muddy Shuvee
- Wicked Strong Gets Redemption in Jim Dandy