A Lemon Drop Kid filly that sold for $400,000 was the top-priced offering at the early portion of the Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training in Lexington April 9.
Keeneland has cataloged 181 horses for its April 2-year-olds in training sale, to be held Monday, April 5.
None of the five juveniles offered found new homes during the online "RNA" auction conducted by Keeneland on Friday. The horses had been offered previously in Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training on Tuesday.
After a slow start, Keeneland's April auction of 2-year-olds in training closed with a flurry of bidding Tuesday that helped establish sale records for both average price and median price. The 91 horses sold grossed $14,898,000 and averaged $163,714. The median was $125,000. Compared to a year ago, the number sold plunged by 26.0%, and the gross dropped by 19.5%. However, the average and median enjoyed increases of 8.8% and 19.0%, respectively.
Bits and pieces from around the industry
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer