Citing a lack of a critical mass of horses, Keeneland officials announced Jan. 6 that the April 2-Year-Olds in Training Sale will be put on hiatus for 2015.
Keeneland has set Thursday, April 3 for an under tack preview day for its April 2-year-olds in training sale.
A strong middle market helped pace the 2013 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale to solid gains in both average and median April 8 in Lexington.
A daughter of Unbridled's Song brought the highest price at the Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale when she fetched $700,000 from Irish bloodstock agent John McCormack.
A Dixie Union filly and a Thewayyouare colt registered the fastest times for their respective breeze distances April 4 at the Keeneland Preview Show in advance of the April 2-year-olds in training sale.
Juveniles cataloged for Keeneland's upcoming April 2-year-olds in training sale will be showcased under tack for potential buyers during preview day, Thursday, April 4, beginning at 10:30 a.m. EDT.
The new April 2-year-olds in training sale format at Keeneland drew mixed reactions Wednesday night as consignors discussed the single breeze show followed by two evening sessions (April 8-9) of selling.
One Hot Wish, who established a world record mark for 4 1/2 furlongs, failed to meet her reserve to start off the 2007 Keeneland April 2-year-olds in training sale April 17 at the Central Kentucky auction house.
Most Popular Stories
- Bal a Bali Vying for U.S. Score in American
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- Princess Violet Tops Ruffian Stakes Entrants
- KHRC Vote on Salix Threshold Triggers Debate
- Unspurned Seeks Repeat Performance in Hendrie
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining