A Street Cry colt sold for $1.4 million during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale the evening of Aug. 11.
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
English Channel is a dream come true for a small, 13-mare Central Kentucky Thoroughbred nursery named Keene Ridge Farm. The 170-acre farm has not only produced a Breeders' Cup winner but may also have a turf champion.
- By Claire Novak
If any horse loves the Monmouth Park turf course, it's Jim Scatuorchio's English Channel, who won back-to-back runnings of the track's United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) and twice set the course record in doing so.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees