A Street Cry colt sold for $1.4 million during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale the evening of Aug. 11.
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
English Channel is a dream come true for a small, 13-mare Central Kentucky Thoroughbred nursery named Keene Ridge Farm. The 170-acre farm has not only produced a Breeders' Cup winner but may also have a turf champion.
- By Claire Novak
If any horse loves the Monmouth Park turf course, it's Jim Scatuorchio's English Channel, who won back-to-back runnings of the track's United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) and twice set the course record in doing so.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival