A Street Cry colt sold for $1.4 million during the second session of the Fasig-Tipton Saratoga select yearling sale the evening of Aug. 11.
The last foal sired by pensioned stallion Kingmambo is scheduled to be offered during the Arqana August yearling sale in Deauville in France. The chestnut colt is Hip No. 127 in the auction's catalog.
English Channel is a dream come true for a small, 13-mare Central Kentucky Thoroughbred nursery named Keene Ridge Farm. The 170-acre farm has not only produced a Breeders' Cup winner but may also have a turf champion.
- By Claire Novak
If any horse loves the Monmouth Park turf course, it's Jim Scatuorchio's English Channel, who won back-to-back runnings of the track's United Nations Stakes (gr. IT) and twice set the course record in doing so.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment