Tizbud, a full brother to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow, attempts to duplicate his victory last year in the $250,000 California Cup Classic Saturday as the Oak Tree Racing Association presents the 15th annual championship day of racing for state breds at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return from a seven-week hiatus Saturday, guiding Excess Summer to a 3 1/2-length win in the 20th running of the $107,900 On Trust Handicap for California breds at Hollywood Park.
Tizbud finally resembled his big brothers Budroyale and Tiznow with a decisive victory Saturday in the $250,000 California Cup Classic at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the betting windows, Bobby Frankel has surfaced with yet another standout. His latest shooter is Labamta Babe, who up and knocked off favored Siphonic in the $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) on Jan. 19.
Christopher Paasch hopes Cottonwood Cowboy has come of age since his disappointing debut at Del Mar last August. The 45-year-old trainer realizes that the son of Meadowlake will have to be at his best to beat pro tem 3-year-old leader Siphonic in Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Turfway Increases Purses, Adds Race Per Week
- First Reported Foal for Jimmy Creed
- Early Claiming Activity Robust at Oaklawn
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- Fair Grounds to Host 'Rosie Day' Feb. 21
- OBS March 2YO Sale Set for March 17-18
- Australia Expects 3.3% Drop in 2015 Foal Crop
- Monmouth Announces 2015 Stakes Schedule