Tizbud, a full brother to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow, attempts to duplicate his victory last year in the $250,000 California Cup Classic Saturday as the Oak Tree Racing Association presents the 15th annual championship day of racing for state breds at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return from a seven-week hiatus Saturday, guiding Excess Summer to a 3 1/2-length win in the 20th running of the $107,900 On Trust Handicap for California breds at Hollywood Park.
Tizbud finally resembled his big brothers Budroyale and Tiznow with a decisive victory Saturday in the $250,000 California Cup Classic at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the betting windows, Bobby Frankel has surfaced with yet another standout. His latest shooter is Labamta Babe, who up and knocked off favored Siphonic in the $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) on Jan. 19.
Christopher Paasch hopes Cottonwood Cowboy has come of age since his disappointing debut at Del Mar last August. The 45-year-old trainer realizes that the son of Meadowlake will have to be at his best to beat pro tem 3-year-old leader Siphonic in Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale
- Shared Belief Needs to be Awesome...Again