Tizbud, a full brother to 2000 Horse of the Year Tiznow, attempts to duplicate his victory last year in the $250,000 California Cup Classic Saturday as the Oak Tree Racing Association presents the 15th annual championship day of racing for state breds at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Gary Stevens made a successful return from a seven-week hiatus Saturday, guiding Excess Summer to a 3 1/2-length win in the 20th running of the $107,900 On Trust Handicap for California breds at Hollywood Park.
Tizbud finally resembled his big brothers Budroyale and Tiznow with a decisive victory Saturday in the $250,000 California Cup Classic at Santa Anita's Oak Tree meeting.
Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the betting windows, Bobby Frankel has surfaced with yet another standout. His latest shooter is Labamta Babe, who up and knocked off favored Siphonic in the $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) on Jan. 19.
Christopher Paasch hopes Cottonwood Cowboy has come of age since his disappointing debut at Del Mar last August. The 45-year-old trainer realizes that the son of Meadowlake will have to be at his best to beat pro tem 3-year-old leader Siphonic in Saturday's $150,000 Santa Catalina Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Champagne is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Classy Yanks vs. Euro Invaders in Hill Prince
- New England Horsemen Submit Dates Application
- Sea The Stars Filly Tops Day 2 of Orby Sale
- Atreides Gets Distance Test in Indiana Derby
- Better Lucky Seeks to Repeat in First Lady
- Hashtag Bourbon Tough in Breeders' Futurity
- Wonder Gal Seeks Frizette Rebound