Kazumi Yoshida's Maurice has been named the Japan Racing Association's 2015 Horse of the Year and best sprinter or miler.
Kazumi Yoshida's Maurice notched his second straight group I win and stayed unbeaten this year in taking the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 22 at Kyoto.
Kazumi Yoshida's Maurice gave a career defining performance June 7 in the Yasuda Kinen (Jpn-I) at Tokyo racecourse, stamping himself Japan's top miler this spring.
Kentucky-bred Testa Matta came from off the pace to register a two-length win in the $2.45 million February Stakes (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse Feb. 19.
Twelve hours after the historic 1-2 finish by Japanese horses Victoire Pisa and Transcend in the Dubai World Cup defending champion Kinshasa no Kiseki captured the Takamatsunomiya Kinen at Hanshin Racecourse March 27.
Australian jockey Craig Williams capped his first week in Japan in style when he guided Jaguar Mail to a three-quarter-length win in the $3.1 million Tenno Sho (Spring) (Jpn-I), May 2 at Kyoto Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Unified Edges Mind Your Biscuits in GP Sprint
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91