Kentucky-bred Testa Matta came from off the pace to register a two-length win in the $2.45 million February Stakes (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Racecourse Feb. 19.
Twelve hours after the historic 1-2 finish by Japanese horses Victoire Pisa and Transcend in the Dubai World Cup defending champion Kinshasa no Kiseki captured the Takamatsunomiya Kinen at Hanshin Racecourse March 27.
Australian jockey Craig Williams capped his first week in Japan in style when he guided Jaguar Mail to a three-quarter-length win in the $3.1 million Tenno Sho (Spring) (Jpn-I), May 2 at Kyoto Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Ankle Chip Will Sideline International Star
- Kentucky Derby Horse-By-Horse Recap
- Gulfstream Reports Solid Meet Numbers
- Kentucky Historical Racing Passes $1 Billion
- Kentucky Derby Recap: American Idol
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- What's Going On Here: Churchill's 180
- Grade I Winner The Tin Man Dies at 17
- Divining Rod On Target for Preakness Stakes
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby