Kayrawan, who stood the majority of his stallion career at Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington, has been pensioned from stallion duty because of a recent cardiac issue.
A sale-topping price of $72,000 for the Kayrawan-sired broodmare prospect River Thames was the highlight of the closing session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Fall Mixed Sale, an auction that yielded up and down sales totals.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale