Kayrawan, who stood the majority of his stallion career at Sheikh Hamdan's Shadwell Farm near Lexington, has been pensioned from stallion duty because of a recent cardiac issue.
A sale-topping price of $72,000 for the Kayrawan-sired broodmare prospect River Thames was the highlight of the closing session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. Fall Mixed Sale, an auction that yielded up and down sales totals.
Most Popular Stories
- NYRA Outlines Belmont Traffic-Flow Plan
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Trainer Baffert, on American Pharoah's Breeze
- War Story to Skip Belmont, Head to Ohio Derby
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend