Australian group I winner Mental grabbed the lead late from Kavanagh and drew clear to a one-length victory in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Jaguar XJ (UAE-III) at Meydan Feb. 14.
Horse Racing Ireland announced Nov. 20 a series of budgetary measures for 2009, including a reduction in prize money, a freezing of grant aid to organizations supported by HRI, a pay freeze for HRI staff and restrictions on racecourse capital development projects.
Longshot Rebel Raider upset favored Whobegotyou in historic running of the VRC Derby, the biggest derby in Australia this year.
A 3-year-old named Whobegotyou (Street Cry--Temple Of Peace, by Carnegie) stamped his passport to supreme dominance in the AUS$1 million Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 11 at Caulfield.
Divine Madonna wins the Myer Classic at Flemington Nov. 3; hopes for invite to Hong Kong International Races in December.
Divine Madonna vindicated the judgement of trainer Mark Kavanagh with a last-to-first performance in the Emirates Cantala Stakes (Aus-I) on the final day of the 2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana