South African champion Heavy Metal and Irish classic-placed Gale Force Ten headline a full field for the $250,000 Al Fahidi Fort (UAE-II) Jan. 23 at Meydan.
Australian group I winner Mental grabbed the lead late from Kavanagh and drew clear to a one-length victory in the $200,000 Al Shindagha Sprint Sponsored by Jaguar XJ (UAE-III) at Meydan Feb. 14.
Horse Racing Ireland announced Nov. 20 a series of budgetary measures for 2009, including a reduction in prize money, a freezing of grant aid to organizations supported by HRI, a pay freeze for HRI staff and restrictions on racecourse capital development projects.
Longshot Rebel Raider upset favored Whobegotyou in historic running of the VRC Derby, the biggest derby in Australia this year.
A 3-year-old named Whobegotyou (Street Cry--Temple Of Peace, by Carnegie) stamped his passport to supreme dominance in the AUS$1 million Caulfield Guineas (Aus-I) Oct. 11 at Caulfield.
Divine Madonna wins the Myer Classic at Flemington Nov. 3; hopes for invite to Hong Kong International Races in December.
Divine Madonna vindicated the judgement of trainer Mark Kavanagh with a last-to-first performance in the Emirates Cantala Stakes (Aus-I) on the final day of the 2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Nov. 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Tom Chuckas to Resign as President of MJC
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- Irish Jockey Suspended After Drug Positive
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card