Tar Heel Mom and Pomeroys Pistol, both second in grade I events at Saratoga in their most recent starts, return to action in the $150,000 Foxwoods Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
Sovereign Stable's Negligee, who scored her biggest career win at Keeneland in the 2009 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I), was one of a full field of 14 drawn for the $250,000 Lexus Raven Run (gr. II) on Oct. 23.
Beyondallboundarys will be going for her second consecutive stakes triumph when she takes on eight rivals in the Victory Ride Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies at Saratoga Aug. 28 on the Travers undercard.
Devil May Care took over from stablemate Katy Now at the top of the lane and bounded home for an impressive victory in the $250,000 Mother Goose (gr. I) June 26 at Belmont Park in her first start since the Kentucky Derby.
Devil May Care, the only filly to race in the 2010 Kentucky Derby, makes her first start since finishing 10th in that race when she goes to post as the probable favorite in the Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I) June 26 at Belmont.
It was a busy Father's Day morning for trainer Todd Pletcher at Belmont Park, highlighted by half-mile breezes from stable stars Quality Road and Super Saver June 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Chasing Landaluce
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 2-Year-Olds
- General Quarters Moves to Crestwood Farm
- U.S. Horses Face Tough Tests in Hong Kong
- That Handicapping Show: Claiming Crown 2013
- Tattersalls Ends Year With Soaring Figures
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Dale Romans - Little Mike
- Hollendorfer Sends Out Pair in Bayakoa
- Jockey De La Cruz Registers 1,000th Victory