Riders from Louisiana joined with local jockeys to raise $25,168 for hurricane victims on Thursday night at the Meadowlands.
Ten jockeys will square off at Meadowlands the evening of Nov. 10 in the Katrina Invitational Jockey Challenge, a fundraiser for Louisiana horsemen impacted by Hurricane Katrina.
Ten jockeys, including 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winning jockey Mike Smith, are set to ride to benefit Louisiana horsemen in the Katrina Invitational Jockey Challenge Nov. 10 at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win