Riders from Louisiana joined with local jockeys to raise $25,168 for hurricane victims on Thursday night at the Meadowlands.
Ten jockeys will square off at Meadowlands the evening of Nov. 10 in the Katrina Invitational Jockey Challenge, a fundraiser for Louisiana horsemen impacted by Hurricane Katrina.
Ten jockeys, including 2005 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winning jockey Mike Smith, are set to ride to benefit Louisiana horsemen in the Katrina Invitational Jockey Challenge Nov. 10 at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Tepin Works; Trip to Royal Ascot Uncertain
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Diva Express, I'm a Looker Dead Heat at CD
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- First U.S. Winner for Algorithms
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Exaggerator Carries Delta Jackpot Flag