Lynn and Kathy Jones have been in the horse business for 35 years. The Central Kentucky couple will enjoy their trip to Churchill Downs this year as the breeders of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Birdatthewire.
Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Martin Racing Stable's Marchman strung together his second straight graded stakes win in three weeks with a decisive victory May 2 in the $167,550 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Rest at WinStar
- Live Racing at Meadowlands Cancelled Again
- Hill Specialist Ambitious Brew Takes Eddie D.
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Postponed Clear Favorite in Arc de Triomphe
- New Santa Anita Turf Course Passes First Test
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- Tepin Works Half-Mile at Saratoga
- Suffolk Downs Applies for Six 2017 Race Dates