Lynn and Kathy Jones have been in the horse business for 35 years. The Central Kentucky couple will enjoy their trip to Churchill Downs this year as the breeders of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Birdatthewire.
Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Martin Racing Stable's Marchman strung together his second straight graded stakes win in three weeks with a decisive victory May 2 in the $167,550 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Irish War Cry Ticks All the Boxes in Five-Furlong Work
- Winx Soars to Fifteenth Straight Win
- Yorkiepoo Princess Scores Again at Aqueduct
- Honorable Duty Holds Strong in Mineshaft Handicap
- Farrell Vaults to Top of Kentucky Oaks Leaderboard
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Fair Grounds in the Spotlight
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death