Lynn and Kathy Jones have been in the horse business for 35 years. The Central Kentucky couple will enjoy their trip to Churchill Downs this year as the breeders of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Birdatthewire.
Tom Dixon, the insurance adjuster who gave the go-ahead to euthanize Alydar after he was found in his stall with a broken hind leg, provides his never-before-released recollections of Alydar's injuries, death, and the legal aftermath of the tragedy.
Martin Racing Stable's Marchman strung together his second straight graded stakes win in three weeks with a decisive victory May 2 in the $167,550 Twin Spires Turf Sprint (gr. IIIT) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016
- A Look Back at Quack's California Derby
- Mexikoma to Stand at Keen Farms
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- What's Going On Here: No Bid, No Win
- PA Development Fund Helped Brandt Expand Feed Business
- National HBPA Set for Convention in March in Las Vegas
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested