Live Oak Plantation's homebred Souper Tapit seized control as the field of the Marine Stakes (G3) headed for home and widened his advantage down the lane at Woodbine May 28.
King and His Court, under a ground saving trip by Gary Boulanger, zipped up the rail to defeat stablemate State of Honor in the $250,000 Coronation Futurity at Woodbine.
Conquest Vivi remained perfect through three career starts with a stalking score in the $125,000 Victorian Queen Stakes at Woodbine Oct. 30.
Gary Barber's Lexie Lou, who won the 1 1/8-mile Dance Smartly Stakes (Can-IIT) July 3 on the Queen's Plate program at Woodbine, returns July 30 for the $125,000 Victoriana Stakes for fillies and mares at 1 1/16 miles on grass.
Dynamic Sky entered the Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIIT) winless on the turf, but left a grade III winner when he rallied up the fence under Cornelio Velasquez to take the $250,000 event from Aqueduct Racetrack Nov. 15.
Odds-on choice Conquest Harlanate used a ground-saving trip under Patrick Husbands to post an authoritative victory in the $179,264 Mazarine Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 5 for her second graded stakes win in a row at Woodbine.
Matador battled Cool Faith the entire length of the Woodbine turf course stretch in the $244,192 Cup and Saucer Stakes to prevail by a nose in a terrific finish between a couple of determined 2-year-olds Oct. 20.
Favored Dixie Strike, a half sister to 2011 Woodbine Oaks and Queen's Plate champion Inglorious, romped to a 5 1/2-length win in the $148,720 Ontario Lassie Stakes at Woodbine Dec. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner