The Keeneland Foundation has announced a pledge of $75,000 to a memorial fund established in honor of Keeneland employee Kathleen Torok, who was killed in an automobile accident in October.
A memorial endowment has been established in honor of Kathleen Riley Torok, a Keeneland employee who was killed in an automobile accident on Oct. 12.
Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Kathleen Torok, a Keeneland employee who worked as the administrative assistant to the track's director of racing, Rogers Beasley, was killed in a traffic accident Thursday morning in Lexington, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported on its Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Reddam's Bond Holder Succumbs to Laminitis
- Mr Speaker Takes Down Coolmore Lexington
- California Chrome Cruises at Los Alamitos
- Frac Daddy Powers Home in Ben Ali
- Kid Cruz Wins Tesio, Enters Preakness Frame
- La Verdad Shows Her Heels in Distaff Handicap
- Flashy American Flies to Sixty Sails Score
- Grand Tito Takes Off-the-Turf Miami Mile
- Kentucky Derby Stars Come Out at Keeneland