The Keeneland Foundation has announced a pledge of $75,000 to a memorial fund established in honor of Keeneland employee Kathleen Torok, who was killed in an automobile accident in October.
A memorial endowment has been established in honor of Kathleen Riley Torok, a Keeneland employee who was killed in an automobile accident on Oct. 12.
Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Kathleen Torok, a Keeneland employee who worked as the administrative assistant to the track's director of racing, Rogers Beasley, was killed in a traffic accident Thursday morning in Lexington, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported on its Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective