The Keeneland Foundation has announced a pledge of $75,000 to a memorial fund established in honor of Keeneland employee Kathleen Torok, who was killed in an automobile accident in October.
A memorial endowment has been established in honor of Kathleen Riley Torok, a Keeneland employee who was killed in an automobile accident on Oct. 12.
Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Kathleen Torok, a Keeneland employee who worked as the administrative assistant to the track's director of racing, Rogers Beasley, was killed in a traffic accident Thursday morning in Lexington, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported on its Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- Dance With Fate Injured in Del Mar Incident
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Revenue Down, Income Up for PNGI
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes
- Tonalist, Wicked Strong Headline Jim Dandy