The Keeneland Foundation has announced a pledge of $75,000 to a memorial fund established in honor of Keeneland employee Kathleen Torok, who was killed in an automobile accident in October.
A memorial endowment has been established in honor of Kathleen Riley Torok, a Keeneland employee who was killed in an automobile accident on Oct. 12.
Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Kathleen Torok, a Keeneland employee who worked as the administrative assistant to the track's director of racing, Rogers Beasley, was killed in a traffic accident Thursday morning in Lexington, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported on its Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- Stryker Phd Faces Everton in Berkeley 'Cap