The Keeneland Foundation has announced a pledge of $75,000 to a memorial fund established in honor of Keeneland employee Kathleen Torok, who was killed in an automobile accident in October.
A memorial endowment has been established in honor of Kathleen Riley Torok, a Keeneland employee who was killed in an automobile accident on Oct. 12.
Martin Schwartz's odds-on favorite Gorella continued to impress with a gutsy effort in Saturday's $400,000 First Lady (gr. II) to win a nose decision over a resolute Karen's Caper on the Keeneland turf course.
Kathleen Torok, a Keeneland employee who worked as the administrative assistant to the track's director of racing, Rogers Beasley, was killed in a traffic accident Thursday morning in Lexington, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported on its Web site.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double