Kate's Main Man, the 2010 national claimer of the year who ranks third among Iowa-breds in career earnings, is one of three inductees to the Prairie Meadows Hall of Fame. The ceremony took place Aug. 2.
Gladding, a grade II winner for trainer John Sadler, will attempt to become the latest California-based horse to win the Texas Mile (gr. III) when the $200,000 event is contested April 23 at Lone Star Park.
See race photos of Brethren, Always a Princess and many more! View Slideshow
Kate's Main Man, third behind Win Willy in a stakes at Oaklawn Park last month, turned the tables on his rival with a front-running win in the $100,000 Essex Handicap under clear skies at Oaklawn Park Feb. 13.
Odds-on choice Win Willy unleashed his terrific stretch kick to win the $75,000 Fifth Season Stakes by a neck over Stachys with a well-timed ride from Cliff Berry at Oaklawn Park Jan. 16.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park
- Blinkers On 'Truth Or Else' in Arkansas Derby