Outperformance came wide with a big rush to win the $115,400 Hill Prince Stakes (gr. IIIT) on a soft turf course at Belmont Park Friday afternoon.
Eclipse Award winner Countess Diana, whose Breeders' Cup win remains the third-largest margin of all time, was euthanized over the Memorial Day weekend at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington.
The public may have a hard time determining who the favorite should be in the grade III Indiana Breeders' Cup Oaks for 3-year-old fillies Friday night at Hoosier Park.
Glitterman, sire of four millionaires, has been pensioned at Nathan Fox and Richard Kaster's Wafare Farm near Midway, Ky., because of fertility problems.
Millionaire Richter Scale was represented by his first two winners July 4, and one of them was a stakes winner.
No Jacket Required, claimed by trainer Tom Amoss for $40,000 in his last start, returned to the track Saturday to earn a neck-length win in the $113,700 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. Under jockey Brice Blanc, the 6-year-old gelded son of Jolie's Halo completed the 5 1/2 furlongs in 1:03.25 on firm turf.
McDynamo remained perfect over jumps, winning Thursday's $102,141 Hard Scuffle Hurdle Stakes, the first race in the Steeplechase Triple Crown for novice hurdlers.
C.T. Grether Inc.'s Crafty C.T. set the early pace and drew away in the stretch, winning the $200,000 San Rafael Stakes (gr. II) by four lengths over Palmeiro on a fast track at Santa Anita on Saturday. Under jockey Eddie Delahoussaye, Crafty C.T. completed the one-mile race for 3-year-olds in 1:35.79.
Frank J. DeFrancis Memorial Dash Stakes (gr. I) winner Richter Scale, the 123-pound highweight for Wednesday’s $250,000 Forego Handicap (gr. II), will break from post position 10 in the ten-horse field entered for the 6 1/2-furlong race at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame