Amerman Racing's Balance overpowered her eight rivals in Sunday's $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) to make it back-to-back grade I victories for trainer David Hofmans and established herself as Southern California's leading contender for the May 5 Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Wild Fit attempts to square the score with Balance on Sunday when the co-favorites for this year's Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) head a field of nine 3-year-old fillies set to contest Santa Anita's $300,000 Santa Anita Oaks (gr. I) at 1 1/16 miles.
A showdown matching the dual stakes winner Balance and dazzling maiden race winner Meetmeinthewoods will be the focal point of Sunday's $447,000 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Tops NTRA Poll
- Dortmund to Track, Other Derby Horses Arrive
- California Chrome Adjusting to Newmarket
- Ranking the Kentucky Derby Workouts
- Baffert May Not Enter Filly in Kentucky Oaks
- Weir, Lipinski on NBC Social Media for Derby
- Upstart Breeder Out of Hospital, CD Bound
- Churchill Releases First Quarter Earnings
- NJ Casino Simulcast Bill Signed Into Law
- Lenny's Place: Kentucky Derby Edition