The Mid-Atlantic Cooperative and the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network continued negotiations April 24 in the wake of a standoff that threatens simulcast of the May 3 Kentucky Derby to wagering outlets in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Contestants can win $5 million for picking the exact order finish for the entire field in this year's Kentucky Derby.
The new race at England's Lingfield Park in which champion Johannesburg will have his lone Kentucky Derby prep on April 6 will be sponsored by Australian brewer Foster's.
By Karl Schmitt -- The last weekend in April, 30 young sports journalists from across the country descended on Churchill Downs to attend the Kentucky Derby Collegiate Sports Journalism Seminar. They came hoping to network, boost their résumés and revel with peers. They were not disappointed. But more important, they left with a deeper understanding and appreciation for Thoroughbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother