The Mid-Atlantic Cooperative and the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network continued negotiations April 24 in the wake of a standoff that threatens simulcast of the May 3 Kentucky Derby to wagering outlets in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Contestants can win $5 million for picking the exact order finish for the entire field in this year's Kentucky Derby.
The new race at England's Lingfield Park in which champion Johannesburg will have his lone Kentucky Derby prep on April 6 will be sponsored by Australian brewer Foster's.
By Karl Schmitt -- The last weekend in April, 30 young sports journalists from across the country descended on Churchill Downs to attend the Kentucky Derby Collegiate Sports Journalism Seminar. They came hoping to network, boost their résumés and revel with peers. They were not disappointed. But more important, they left with a deeper understanding and appreciation for Thoroughbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker
- Three Trustees Named to National Museum Board
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- What's Going On Here: Upper Crust
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita