The Mid-Atlantic Cooperative and the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network continued negotiations April 24 in the wake of a standoff that threatens simulcast of the May 3 Kentucky Derby to wagering outlets in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Contestants can win $5 million for picking the exact order finish for the entire field in this year's Kentucky Derby.
The new race at England's Lingfield Park in which champion Johannesburg will have his lone Kentucky Derby prep on April 6 will be sponsored by Australian brewer Foster's.
By Karl Schmitt -- The last weekend in April, 30 young sports journalists from across the country descended on Churchill Downs to attend the Kentucky Derby Collegiate Sports Journalism Seminar. They came hoping to network, boost their résumés and revel with peers. They were not disappointed. But more important, they left with a deeper understanding and appreciation for Thoroughbred racing.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released
- Oaklawn to Offer Bonuses for Lasix-Free Wins
- Jockey Club: Study Shows Lasix Not Needed
- Wise Dan and His Quarter Horse Buddy Donnie
- Study Examines EIPH and Racing Performance