Representatives of the Churchill Downs Simulcast Network and the Southern Racing Cooperative approved a new agreement Oct. 19 to allow the export of CDSN racing signals to SRC member racetracks. Terms were not disclosed.
No one claimed the $5 million prize for picking the exact order of finish in this year's "Run for the Roses" as part of the first-ever international promotion connected to the Kentucky Derby.
Churchill Downs Inc. recently tried to buy Maryland's major thoroughbred tracks but failed because Joe De Francis, president and CEO of the Maryland Jockey Club, insisted on retaining management control, The Baltimore Sun reported Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- That Handicapping Show: The Barbara Fritchie
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Meet the Rare White Foal at Rockridge Stud