The Greyhound racing industry has some words of advice for the horse racing industry: Pay attention to what's going on.
- By Tom LaMarra
As the Thoroughbred industry seeks to build on and create new programs to deal with horses that can no longer race, it could learn lessons from Greyhound racing, which has a history of successful adoption programs and first-hand knowledge of the power of animal-rights groups.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- Apprentice Aparicio Rides First U.S. Winner