Jane Lyon and Karen Bailey of Summer Wind will sign their new book, Primerica, at Old Friends Saturday, Dec. 18.
As he was a full brother to three-time champion Skip Away, whom many consider as one of the greatest racehorses of all time, big things were expected from Skipingo when he was purchased as a yearling for $300,000 in 1998.
Prominent Thoroughbred breeder Jane Lyon and her daughter, Karen Bailey, have captured the story of their horse Skipingo in a new children's book, "Skipingo Home: A Thoroughbred's Second Chance."
Peachtree Stable's India, who broke her maiden by 12 lengths in her second career start, has been sold to her breeders, Frank and Jane Lyon, owner of Summer Wind Farm near Georgetown, Ky., Peachtree owner John Fort said today.
Summer Wind Farm's Carols Folly, who achieved fame as the dam of two millionaires--Glitter Woman and Unbridled Elaine--was euthanized April 20 at Hagyard-Davidson-McGee veterinary clinic near Lexington.
Evil Elaine, dam of Horse of the Year Favorite Trick, was euthanized March 15 at Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital near Lexington after foundering in both feet.
Summer Wind Farm's Ingot Way, whose son Skip Away was Horse of the Year in 1998, was euthanized the morning of March 27 after giving birth to an Awesome Again colt.
Most Popular Stories
- NJ Senate Committee OKs Instant Racing Bill
- Slideshow: Royal Delta
- Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale Posts Increases
- Multi-Breed Drug Uniformity No Easy Task
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- Horizontal Navigation: Blogs and Multimedia
- Oaklawn Park to Open 57-day Meet Jan. 10
- Gulfstream Expands Lead in Handle
- New Buyers Drive Up Sales at Arqana
- Charles Town Gets Dates But Awaits Contract