Saint Stephen, a graded stakes-winning full brother to champion Ashado, will enter stud at Lynn Chouinard's Bar None Ranches near Dewinton, Alberta, Canada.
Funeral arrangements have been finalized for Peter F. Karches, former Co-Chairman of the New York Racing Association, who died April 13 after a long bout with leukemia.
Peter Karches resigned his position as co-chairman of the New York Racing Association at a board of trustees meeting in Manhattan Dec. 7. He will remain a member of the board.
Peter Karches, co-chairman of the board at the New York Racing Association, pleaded for compassion for the embattled track operator Saturday, three days after state and federal investigators barged into all three racetracks in a mysteriously conducted raid.
Steve Duncker and Pater Karches were elected Dec. 8 to be co-chairman of the board of trustees of the New York Racing Association effective Jan. 1, 2005.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, who just two weeks ago was beaten a head in the $500,000 MassCap (gr. II) at Suffolk Downs, has drawn the rail for Saturday's Suburban Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
The sale of Iowa-bred Lovethatlegend to New York interests is official, owner Vickie Cosaert said Sept. 8.
Fast Decision rallies strongly to win the Withers; trainer Christophe Clement takes both stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released