Saint Stephen, a graded stakes-winning full brother to champion Ashado, will enter stud at Lynn Chouinard's Bar None Ranches near Dewinton, Alberta, Canada.
Funeral arrangements have been finalized for Peter F. Karches, former Co-Chairman of the New York Racing Association, who died April 13 after a long bout with leukemia.
Peter Karches resigned his position as co-chairman of the New York Racing Association at a board of trustees meeting in Manhattan Dec. 7. He will remain a member of the board.
- By Dan Lauletta
Peter Karches, co-chairman of the board at the New York Racing Association, pleaded for compassion for the embattled track operator Saturday, three days after state and federal investigators barged into all three racetracks in a mysteriously conducted raid.
Steve Duncker and Pater Karches were elected Dec. 8 to be co-chairman of the board of trustees of the New York Racing Association effective Jan. 1, 2005.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, who just two weeks ago was beaten a head in the $500,000 MassCap (gr. II) at Suffolk Downs, has drawn the rail for Saturday's Suburban Handicap (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
The sale of Iowa-bred Lovethatlegend to New York interests is official, owner Vickie Cosaert said Sept. 8.
Fast Decision rallies strongly to win the Withers; trainer Christophe Clement takes both stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Museum to Become Home for Lukas Collection
- Wilkes Continues to Do Nafzger Proud
- Irish War Cry Solid in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Grade 2 Winner Iliad Retired
- Thunder Snow Enters Quarantine at Churchill Downs
- Another Big Finish for McCraken in Final Pre-Derby Work
- Horseman Mike Johnson Knows a Good One in McCraken
- Practical Joke Rewards Breeders' Faith in His Dam
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby