Stormy Lord proved too classy for his rivals as he successfully defended his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a race that was marred by a three-horse spill on the turf at Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15.
Stormy Lord returns to Philadelphia's Parx Racing Sept. 15 as the 2-1 favorite to defend his title in the $250,000 PTHA President's Cup, a 1 1/8-mile turf test that drew a field of 10 older horses.
Pender Harbour, last year's 3-year-old Canadian champion, takes an undefeated record on the Woodbine turf course into the $300,000 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 22.
Stormy Lord, a no-sweat three-length winner in last year's Connaught Cup Stakes (Can-IIT), returns to defend his crown against 10 opponents at Woodbine May 27.
Headlined by morning-line favorite Courageous Cat, a predictably deep and diverse field of 12 was drawn for the $1 million Woodbine Mile (Can-IT) Sept. 18 in Toronto.
Front-running Kara's Orientation teamed with jockey Emile Ramsammy to execute a perfect theft of the $252,674 Sky Classic Stakes (Can-IIT) on a damp Woodbine turf course Aug. 21.
Favored No Hesitation extended his winning streak to five races with his first graded-stakes success in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park in Edmonton, Alberta, Aug. 21.
Local favorite No Hesitation, on a four-race winning streak for trainer Jim Meyaard, takes on nine rivals, including a pair of California invaders, in the $300,000 Canadian Derby (Can-III) at Northlands Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Day By Day
- Curlin, Bernardini Colts Top OBS Spring Sale
- Who Will Win the Derby Trial?
- Baffert Duo Has Derby Trial as Backup Plan
- Itsmyluckyday Heads Best of the Rest Stakes
- Bourbon Lane Launches Pasture at Old Friends
- Spring in the Air Back to Sprint in Whimsical
- Genting Americas Bids for NY Casino License
- Cooler Temperatures Forecast for Derby Week