A bad step just yards from the wire by pacesetter Avery Hall proved costly Thursday at Saratoga Race Course as favored Karakorum Splendor rallied in the final strides to win the $250,000 Statue of Liberty Division of the New York Stallion Stakes for 3-year-old fillies by a nose.
Puglisi Stables' Accurate benefited from a taxing speed duel to tally a come-from-behind neck victory in Sunday's $125,000 Great White Way Division for 2-year-olds colts and gelding, one of four stakes races on the New York Stallion Stakes schedule at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Coltimus Prime Rules Prince of Wales
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Study: EIPH Does Not Shorten Racing Careers
- Purses, Races Set for WV Classics Card
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Plenty of Options for Bayern after Haskell
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse