While it went down to the wire this year, the Breeders' Cup wagering angle of looking for value in European starters again finished in the black, well in the black as it turns out. read blog
Relive day 2 of the Breeders' Cup Saturday card from exciting new views. view slideshow
In a race that completely changed complexion in the stretch, Flaxman Holdings' homebred Karakontie rallied to victory in the $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. I) Nov. 1 at Santa Anita Park.
With two-time Horse of the Year Wise Dan sidelined after dominating back-to-back editions of the $2 million Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT), the Nov. 1 race drew a slew of contenders.
Frank Gillespie's British-based The Grey Gatsby pounced from off the pace and drew off to win the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) in an upset June 1 at Chantilly.
French Two Thousand Guineas winner Karakontie will bid to add a second classic triumph to his record June 1 in the Prix du Jockey Club (Fr-I, French Derby) at Chantilly.
The Niarchos family's Karakontie tenaciously outfought Prestige Vendome and narrowly won the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) May 11 at Longchamp.
French group I winner Karakontie looks the standout in a field of 14 3-year-olds for the Poule d'Essai des Poulains (Fr-I, French Two Thousand Guineas) May 11 at Longchamp.
Favorite Karakontie dispatched pacesetter Noozhoh Canarias in the closing stages and captured Qatar Prix Jean-Luc Lagardere (Fr-I)-Grand Criterium (Fr-I) Oct. 6 at Longchamp.
Most Popular Stories
- Frivolous Posts Falls City Handicap Upset
- Finnegans Wake Prevails in Hollywood Turf Cup
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go
- Daddy D T Tops Cecil B. DeMille Stakes
- Salutos Amigos Rallies to Win Fall Highweight
- Nathaniel Filly Tops Tattersalls Foal Session
- Discreet Marq, La Tia Square Off in Matriarch
- Euros Inside and Out After Japan Cup Draw
- Chrome to Go for the Green in Hollywood Derby
- An Opportunity for Hoppertunity in the Clark