Katsumi Yoshida knew he had some outstanding yearlings in his Northern Farm consignment but even he was surprised when a French Deputy colt established a Japanese record during Monday's session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale.
Japanese group I winner Utopia has been purchased by Godolphin from Makoto Kaneko with the intention of racing him this year, then standing him in 2006 in Darley Japan.
Demand for foals of 2000 sired by 1989 Kentucky Derby winner and Japanese leading sire Sunday Silence continued Tuesday as the Japan Racing Horse Association concluded its record-breaking sale at the Northern Horse Park on the island of Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute