Katsumi Yoshida knew he had some outstanding yearlings in his Northern Farm consignment but even he was surprised when a French Deputy colt established a Japanese record during Monday's session of the Japan Racing Horse Association select sale.
Japanese group I winner Utopia has been purchased by Godolphin from Makoto Kaneko with the intention of racing him this year, then standing him in 2006 in Darley Japan.
Demand for foals of 2000 sired by 1989 Kentucky Derby winner and Japanese leading sire Sunday Silence continued Tuesday as the Japan Racing Horse Association concluded its record-breaking sale at the Northern Horse Park on the island of Hokkaido.
Most Popular Stories
- Speedy Moreno Dangerous Again in Woodward
- Indicators Drop at Ocala August Yearling Sale
- Target on Wise Dan for Bernard Baruch Return
- Santa Anita's Main Track to Reopen Sept. 2
- Solis Returns to California to Ride Full Time
- Stephanie's Kitten to be Offered at F-T Sale
- Sunset Glow Has Experience Edge in Debutante
- Kentucky Considers Allowing Salix-Free Races
- Road to the Kentucky Derby Schedule Announced
- Gains Posted as Doncaster Premier Sale Ends