Trainer Kiaran McLauglin sent Godolphin Racing's Alpha to the gate to school May 2 in preparation for the May 5 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Class and consistency paid off in a major way as Music Show swept by Spacious in the final furlong to earn her first group I victory in the Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 7.
Broodmare prospect is the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Kentucky winter mixed sale.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Roshani is one of only three graded stakes winners produced by crossing a sire from the Nijinsky II line with daughters of Deputy Minister. Clearly, Roshani inherited the best from the paternal and maternal sides of her pedigree. The daughter of Fantastic Light was sold for $135,000 as a racing/broodmare prospect at the 2007 Keeneland January mixed sale. She has now earned $320,550.
Albert G. Clay, breeder and long-time Thoroughbred industry leader, died the morning of Aug. 20 at his residence in Mt. Sterling, Ky. Clay was 85. Clay helped found the American Horse Council in 1969, and served as that organization's secretary for many years.
Most Popular Stories
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A