Trainer Kiaran McLauglin sent Godolphin Racing's Alpha to the gate to school May 2 in preparation for the May 5 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Class and consistency paid off in a major way as Music Show swept by Spacious in the final furlong to earn her first group I victory in the Etihad Airways Falmouth Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket July 7.
Broodmare prospect is the highest-priced horse sold so far at the Kentucky winter mixed sale.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
Roshani is one of only three graded stakes winners produced by crossing a sire from the Nijinsky II line with daughters of Deputy Minister. Clearly, Roshani inherited the best from the paternal and maternal sides of her pedigree. The daughter of Fantastic Light was sold for $135,000 as a racing/broodmare prospect at the 2007 Keeneland January mixed sale. She has now earned $320,550.
Albert G. Clay, breeder and long-time Thoroughbred industry leader, died the morning of Aug. 20 at his residence in Mt. Sterling, Ky. Clay was 85. Clay helped found the American Horse Council in 1969, and served as that organization's secretary for many years.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Taptowne Draws Rail in Well-Matched Razorback
- U.A.E. to Supply Horses for Chinese Race Day