Charlie LoPresti reported Morton Fink's homebred son of Wiseman's Ferry was "doing fine this morning and ate up everything last night," after coming off the bench to defend his title in the April 11 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT).
Wise Dan took his first step toward a possible third straight Horse of the Year title with a measured victory in the $300,000 Maker's 46 Mile (gr. IT) on the Keeneland turf April 11.
After tracking the early leaders through the far turn, River Seven edged past Frac Daddy in deep stretch to win the $115,400 Commonwealth Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) the night of Nov. 16 on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Chiefswood Stable's filly Nipissing, an impressive winner of the Woodbine Oaks presented by Budweiser, put in a final breeze June 30 in advance of the upcoming Queen's Plate, covering a half-mile in :48 flat.
A day after the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) wraps up the American Triple Crown series for 2013, the spotlight shines on 3-year-olds at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady