The grade I-winning son of Apalachee moves from Louisiana to Kentucky for 2013 breeding season.
Grade I winner K One King, fourth on this year's Louisiana sires' list, has been relocated to Whispering Oaks Farm near Carencro, La.
Median remains about the same, but the average drops 7.6% from a year ago.
Grade I winner K One King has been purchased privately by Daniel Thomas and Steve Crowe from Gainesway Farm (Antony Beck, president) for stallion duty at Thomas Farm near Sarepta, La.
K One King, who beat Almutawakel, Cat Thief, and Budroyale in winning the 2000 Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I), was represented by his first winner Sunday when the 2-year-old filly Queens Over Jacks won the third race at Ellis Park.
K One King, who beat Almutawakel, Cat Thief, and Budroyale in winning the Oaklawn Handicap (gr. I) in April, has been purchased by Graham J. Beck's Gainesway Farm and will stand for $6,500 in 2001 at that Lexington nursery.
Possible starters for the Hollywood Gold Cup
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- NY Proposes Sweeping Equine Drug, Record Rules
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly
- Jockey Lane Luzzi Follows in Father's Footsteps
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm