Graded stakes winner K. O. Punch will stand at Tom and Sandy McKenna's McKenna Thoroughbreds near Taiban, N.M., for a fee of $4,000.
IEAH Stable's and Joe Torre's favored Sugar Punch knocked her rivals out of contention with a big move on the turn to easily win the $125,000 Iroquois Handicap for fillies and mares going seven furlongs at Belmont Park Saturday.
Favorite Sugar Punch won her fifth consecutive race when she overcame frontrunner Cologny in midstretch of the $107,700 Schenectady Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares at Belmont Park on Sunday.
Skip Away, 1998 Horse of the Year, will stand the 2004 for $15,000, down $5,000 from his past fee, at Rick Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first winner by graded stakes winner K. O. Punch came out Aug. 6 when his daughter Two Hits won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas