Graded stakes winner K. O. Punch will stand at Tom and Sandy McKenna's McKenna Thoroughbreds near Taiban, N.M., for a fee of $4,000.
IEAH Stable's and Joe Torre's favored Sugar Punch knocked her rivals out of contention with a big move on the turn to easily win the $125,000 Iroquois Handicap for fillies and mares going seven furlongs at Belmont Park Saturday.
Favorite Sugar Punch won her fifth consecutive race when she overcame frontrunner Cologny in midstretch of the $107,700 Schenectady Stakes for New York-bred fillies and mares at Belmont Park on Sunday.
Skip Away, 1998 Horse of the Year, will stand the 2004 for $15,000, down $5,000 from his past fee, at Rick Trontz' Hopewell Farm near Midway, Ky.
The first winner by graded stakes winner K. O. Punch came out Aug. 6 when his daughter Two Hits won at six furlongs at Prairie Meadows.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam