Overlooked at odds of 10-1, Lady of Fifty found redemption as she took the overland route under Corey Nakatani to capture the $300,000 Clement L. Hirsch Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 3 at Del Mar.
Lady of Fifty charged down the outside to sweep past the leaders in the stretch, registering her first graded stakes win in the $200,000 Bayakoa Handicap (gr. II) Dec. 8 at Betfair Hollywood Park.
Favored Lady of Fifty earned her third straight stakes victory at Golden Gate Fields when she once again led all the way to capture the $100,260 California Oaks Jan. 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Faces Stiff Shadwell Turf Mile Test
- Will Wise Dan Win Again in Shadwell Turf Mile
- Cup Winners Secret Circle, Goldencents Clash
- Wicked Strong to Sit Out Rest of Year
- Champagne Stakes is Next Step for I Spent It
- Wonder Gal Seeks Rebound in Frizette Stakes
- Small Foal Crops Will Challenge Racing
- Bustin It Heads New York Breeders' Futurity
- Thoroughbred Makeover is Bigger, Interactive
- Black Type On the Line in Indiana Oaks