Pants On Fire drew away late to post a clear win in the Ack Ack Handicap (gr. III) Sept. 7 at Churchill Downs, completing the one-turn mile in a stakes-record time of 1:33.78.
George and Lori Hall's 5-year-old Pants On Fire took over in the $200,000 Monmouth Cup (gr. II) on July 28 at Monmouth Park after 3-5 favorite Take Charge Indy was pulled up with a condylar fracture to his left front.
Rain couldn't extinguish Pants On Fire as the multiple graded stakes winner easily drew off to win by 5 1/4 lengths at Gulfstream Park Feb. 15.
My Adonis, rebounding from an eighth-place finish in the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) last month, opened up a big lead in the homestretch of the $99,000 Long Branch Stakes and held on tight to win July 8 at Monmouth Park.
George and Lori Hall's 2-year-old colt My Adonis delivered a winning performance in the $200,000 Jean Lafitte Stakes on the night of Oct. 22, setting himself up for an appearance in the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot.
Odds-on choice Pants On Fire returned from his unplaced effort in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with a smart two-length victory in the $195,000 Pegasus Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth Park June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Former Derby Hopefuls Meet in American Turf