Bode's Dream registered a comfortable front-running victory in the $75,000 House Party Stakes, scoring by 2 3/4 lengths in the first of six $75,000 stakes on the Dec. 10 Juvenile Showcase card at Gulfstream Park.
The multitudes who follow Gulfstream Park's stakes races for newly turned 3-year-olds come January will get some previews Dec. 10, when the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track holds a juvenile showcase with all 11 races for 2-year-olds.
Calder Casino & Race Course, which is gearing up to celebrate its 40th anniversary season, released its stakes schedules April 8 for this year's Calder and Tropical meets.
A total of 98 horses have been nominated to four stakes as a part of Charles Town Races & Slots inaugural "Juvenile Showcase" scheduled for Aug 23.
Calder Race Course ended its 120-day Calder meet Oct. 16 with declines in attendance and wagering from a year ago.
The $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at seven furlongs on Labor Day Monday highlight the second Juvenile Showcase program Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Calder Race Course was forced to close for both live racing and simulcasting from Friday, Sept. 3 through Sunday, Sept. 5 due to the effects of Hurricane Frances.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham