Bode's Dream registered a comfortable front-running victory in the $75,000 House Party Stakes, scoring by 2 3/4 lengths in the first of six $75,000 stakes on the Dec. 10 Juvenile Showcase card at Gulfstream Park.
The multitudes who follow Gulfstream Park's stakes races for newly turned 3-year-olds come January will get some previews Dec. 10, when the Hallandale Beach, Fla., track holds a juvenile showcase with all 11 races for 2-year-olds.
Calder Casino & Race Course, which is gearing up to celebrate its 40th anniversary season, released its stakes schedules April 8 for this year's Calder and Tropical meets.
A total of 98 horses have been nominated to four stakes as a part of Charles Town Races & Slots inaugural "Juvenile Showcase" scheduled for Aug 23.
Calder Race Course ended its 120-day Calder meet Oct. 16 with declines in attendance and wagering from a year ago.
The $125,000 Affirmed and $125,000 Susan's Girl divisions of the Florida Stallion Stakes at seven furlongs on Labor Day Monday highlight the second Juvenile Showcase program Saturday at Calder Race Course.
Calder Race Course was forced to close for both live racing and simulcasting from Friday, Sept. 3 through Sunday, Sept. 5 due to the effects of Hurricane Frances.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow