Some of horse racing's biggest stars are stepping up to the plate to support New Vocations Racehorse Adoption Program by pledging a percentage of their purse earnings from the 2013 Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Zayat Stables' Paynter worked seven furlongs in 1:25 3/5 at Del Mar, Aug. 20 in preparation for his cross-country trip to Saratoga, where he will face a number of the nation's top older horses in the Woodward Stakes.
Haskell Invitational (gr. I) winner Paynter, who was diagnosed with laminitis Sept. 4, continues to make significant strides toward recovery, according to the Zayat family.
Zayat Stables' grade I-winning 3-year-old colt Bodemeister has spiked a fever and will skip the July 29 Haskell Invitational (gr. I) at Monmouth Park.
Zayat Stables' Nehro, a dull sixth in the Stephen Foster Handicap (gr. I) in his last start, exited the race with an ankle chip and will miss about three months of training, the Zayat family said June 24.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays