Coltimus Prime scored a commanding win in the Prince of Wales Stakes July 29 at Fort Erie, cruising wire to wire in the second leg in the Canadian Triple Crown.
Traffic trouble may have kept Ami's Holiday from victory in the Queen's Plate, and now the runner-up in the first jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown will take a try at the second leg, the July 29 Prince of Wales.
Ten 2-year-old Canadian-foaled fillies will try to burnish their credentials in the $250,000 Princess Elizabeth Stakes Oct. 28 at Woodbine, an important steppingstone to next year's north-of-the-border classics.
Four Monmouth Park-based horses with fevers who had blood tested were determined to be positive for the respiratory version of Equine Herpes Virus, it was learned late Wednesday afternoon.
New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority officials are awaiting test results on a horse that shipped from a Canadian farm to the Monmouth Park backstretch and is suspected of having equine herpesvirus.
Stronach Stable's Royal Regalia shattered Woodbine's one mile E.P. Taylor Turf course record Thursday, covering the distance in 1:31.84.
Most Popular Stories
- Firing Line to Crestwood
- Juveniles Showcased at Gulfstream Saturday
- NY Again Considers Continuing Ed for Trainers
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- Dutchess Views Lowers Fee for Big Brown
- Pure Sensation Questionable for HK Sprint
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- New York Calls Off Belmont Development
- Able Friend Out to Regain Hong Kong Glory
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet