Allen Paulson Living Trust's Del Mar Show and Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will likely vie for favoritism in Saturday's $100,000 Tropical Turf (gr. IIIT) at Calder.
Rick Violette Jr.'s Man From Wicklow should be a solid favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. II), where he attempts to become the second horse to sweep the meet's two top turf handicaps.
Gary A. Tanaka's pacesetting Riddlesdown forgot to stop in Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream and jockey Roger Velez guided him to a 1 1/2-length upset at 29-1.
Dr. John Chandler's Cetewayo and Rose B. Cerullo's Williams News are expected starting highweights Saturday for the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds and up. The 11- furlong race is the final graded turf stakes in New York this year.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Xpressbet to Sponsor West Virginia Derby
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20