Allen Paulson Living Trust's Del Mar Show and Double S Stable, Ken Avanzino and Joe Sullivan's French Charmer will likely vie for favoritism in Saturday's $100,000 Tropical Turf (gr. IIIT) at Calder.
Rick Violette Jr.'s Man From Wicklow should be a solid favorite in Saturday's $200,000 Pan American Handicap (gr. II), where he attempts to become the second horse to sweep the meet's two top turf handicaps.
Gary A. Tanaka's pacesetting Riddlesdown forgot to stop in Sunday's $100,000 Mac Diarmida Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Gulfstream and jockey Roger Velez guided him to a 1 1/2-length upset at 29-1.
Dr. John Chandler's Cetewayo and Rose B. Cerullo's Williams News are expected starting highweights Saturday for the $150,000 Red Smith Handicap (gr. IIT) for 3-year-olds and up. The 11- furlong race is the final graded turf stakes in New York this year.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses