A Bit O'Gold, Canada's top 3-year-old in 2004, registered a decisive 6 1/2-length victory in the $215,800 Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) Friday at Woodbine.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
A field of seven, including Queen's Plate champion Niigon, is set to compete Sunday afternoon in the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown, at Fort Erie.
A field of seven, including Queen's Plate champion Niigon, is set to compete Sunday in the 2004 edition of the Prince of Wales Stakes, second jewel of Canada's Triple Crown of Thoroughbred racing at Fort Erie.
Chiefswood Stable's Niigon held off 6-5 favorite A Bit O'Gold for a three-quarters of a length victory in the $1 million Queen's Plate for 3-year-olds Sunday, the first jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt
- Tom Amoss Secures 3,000th Training Victory
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Stronach Group Names Vet O'Neil to Key Post
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Kingman Wins Sussex with Dazzling Late Speed
- Thoroughbred Marketplace at Pimlico Oct. 4-5
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Federal Judge Dismisses Dutrow Lawsuit