Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
Final Round, runner-up in the Forward Gal (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 14, is the likely favorite in a field of six 3-year-old fillies vying in Thursday's $100,000-added La Troienne at seven furlongs at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- Mitchell Remembered as 'Brilliant Horseman'
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau
- Kentucky Derby Prep Race Results and Points
- 2015 Road to the Kentucky Derby
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Newton to Receive Preakness Photography Award
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic