Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
Final Round, runner-up in the Forward Gal (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 14, is the likely favorite in a field of six 3-year-old fillies vying in Thursday's $100,000-added La Troienne at seven furlongs at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Late Run Lifts Dacita to Victory in Diana
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Exaggerator Questionable for Jim Dandy
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Bitumen Rallies to Sanford Score
- Mokat Surges to San Clemente Victory
- Enola Gray Still Perfect After Del Mar Run
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Fair Eva First Stakes Winner for Frankel