Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
Final Round, runner-up in the Forward Gal (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 14, is the likely favorite in a field of six 3-year-old fillies vying in Thursday's $100,000-added La Troienne at seven furlongs at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- White Beauty Lineage
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack