Irish-bred Red Rioja slipped through a hole along the inside and edged away in the late stages to tally a one-length victory in Saturday's $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the soft Golden Gate Fields turf course.
Veteran trainer Chuck Jenda attempts to win the stakes named in honor of his former champion when he sends out A B Noodle in the $100,000 Brown Bess Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Golden Gate Fields turf course Saturday.
Final Round, runner-up in the Forward Gal (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park March 14, is the likely favorite in a field of six 3-year-old fillies vying in Thursday's $100,000-added La Troienne at seven furlongs at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bettys Bambino Wins Daytona in Stakes Debut
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely