Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Tuesday an agreement to buy Flamboro Downs Holdings for $47 million, which will give the Ontario-based racetrack conglomerate its first racetrack in Canada.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach told shareholders May 11 that he plans to buy four more racetracks in the United States. He said he hopes the racing conglomerate will control 35% of the U.S. handle on Thoroughbred races within two years. Stronach is also considering breaking into the Ontario racing market.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Montana Jockey Seriously Injured in Spill
- Equibase Announces Redesigned Website
- Ashford's Shanghai Bobby to Shuttle to Brazil
- Shadwell Turf Mile to Offer $1 Million Purse
- RCI to Consider Horses-in-Training Rules
- The Week in Photos for 7/29/2014
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- WGOH: Patience Is Shah's Virtue
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th