Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Tuesday an agreement to buy Flamboro Downs Holdings for $47 million, which will give the Ontario-based racetrack conglomerate its first racetrack in Canada.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach told shareholders May 11 that he plans to buy four more racetracks in the United States. He said he hopes the racing conglomerate will control 35% of the U.S. handle on Thoroughbred races within two years. Stronach is also considering breaking into the Ontario racing market.
Most Popular Stories
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- Interest High for Oklahoma City Summer Sale
- European Record At Tattersalls Craven Sale
- Rampart Winner Gamay Noir Heads Sixty Sails
- Australia's Rules Banning AI Upheld by Court
- Finding a Home, Filling a Need
- The Dude Returns to Charles Town
- Trommer Scores One for the Home Team