Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Tuesday an agreement to buy Flamboro Downs Holdings for $47 million, which will give the Ontario-based racetrack conglomerate its first racetrack in Canada.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach told shareholders May 11 that he plans to buy four more racetracks in the United States. He said he hopes the racing conglomerate will control 35% of the U.S. handle on Thoroughbred races within two years. Stronach is also considering breaking into the Ontario racing market.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- California Implements New Whip Rule
- Ostrolenka, Good Luck Gus Rematch in NY Derby
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- 284 Cataloged for F-T New York-Bred Sale
- RaceTech Adds Suit Against Kentucky Downs
- Workers' Comp Remains for NY Exercise Riders
- Rome Keynote Speaker at 2016 Owner Conference
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends