Magna Entertainment Corp. announced Tuesday an agreement to buy Flamboro Downs Holdings for $47 million, which will give the Ontario-based racetrack conglomerate its first racetrack in Canada.
Magna Entertainment chairman Frank Stronach told shareholders May 11 that he plans to buy four more racetracks in the United States. He said he hopes the racing conglomerate will control 35% of the U.S. handle on Thoroughbred races within two years. Stronach is also considering breaking into the Ontario racing market.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles