The Tattersalls July breeze-up sale concluded in England Friday with records across the board.
Two days before the Monday start of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale, all the signs were positive for a strong market.
Fasig-Tipton will conduct its Kentucky July select yearling sale on Monday and Tuesday, July 19 and 20, two days earlier than its previously scheduled dates.
On Thursday, Fasig-Tipton sales official proved they could increase the catalog for the Kentucky select yearling sale without sacrifing quality. The two-day sale offered 37.1% more horses, and the average price still increased over last year.
Keeneland was beginning to spring to life Thursday as horses started arriving for the sale company's annual July auction, the industry's first true measure each year of the yearling market.
Keeneland's July select yearling sale continues to shrink.
Most Popular Stories
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Slideshow: 2014 Farewells
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Attorney: NYTHA Protest Plan Not Objective
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned