Ready or not, it's time for the yearling selling season to start. Fasig-Tipton is in the leadoff position in Kentucky with its July select auction, which will be held Monday and Tuesday near Lexington. Each session will begin at 10 a.m. (EDT).
Fasig-Tipton will unveil its newly renovated sale pavilion during the Kentucky July select yearling auction that begins Monday.
Fasig-Tipton's Kentucky July select yearling sale has a catalog of 582 horses, up 22% from last year's book.
Fasig-Tipton officials are hoping that the law of supply and demand works in their favor during the Kentucky select yearling sale scheduled for Monday and Tuesday at the conpany's Newtown Paddocks near Lexington.
The Tattersalls July breeze-up sale concluded in England Friday with records across the board.
Two days before the Monday start of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale, all the signs were positive for a strong market.
Fasig-Tipton will conduct its Kentucky July select yearling sale on Monday and Tuesday, July 19 and 20, two days earlier than its previously scheduled dates.
On Thursday, Fasig-Tipton sales official proved they could increase the catalog for the Kentucky select yearling sale without sacrifing quality. The two-day sale offered 37.1% more horses, and the average price still increased over last year.
Keeneland was beginning to spring to life Thursday as horses started arriving for the sale company's annual July auction, the industry's first true measure each year of the yearling market.
Keeneland's July select yearling sale continues to shrink.
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Mirahmadi New Full-Time Caller at Golden Gate
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita