The Tattersalls July breeze-up sale concluded in England Friday with records across the board.
Two days before the Monday start of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky July select yearling sale, all the signs were positive for a strong market.
Fasig-Tipton will conduct its Kentucky July select yearling sale on Monday and Tuesday, July 19 and 20, two days earlier than its previously scheduled dates.
On Thursday, Fasig-Tipton sales official proved they could increase the catalog for the Kentucky select yearling sale without sacrifing quality. The two-day sale offered 37.1% more horses, and the average price still increased over last year.
Keeneland was beginning to spring to life Thursday as horses started arriving for the sale company's annual July auction, the industry's first true measure each year of the yearling market.
Keeneland's July select yearling sale continues to shrink.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack