Dream Ahead, last season's English juvenile co-champion, got back to his winning ways when he stormed past Bated Breath near the wire to capture the $639,484 Darley July Cup (Eng-I)at Newmarket July 9.
Trainer James Fanshawe and jockey Johnny Murtagh notched their second group I win of the week when 14-1 shot Frizzante won Thursday's Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England.
Prize money for the July meeting at Newmarket will hit the £1 million mark for the first time this year. The meet, which runs from July 8 through July 10, is also expected to include the return of Royal Ascot hero Choisir in the Darley July Cup (Eng-I).
Aidan O'Brien has entered 13 horses, including his two classic winners so far this season, Rock Of Gibraltar and Landseer, for Europe's premier sprint, the Darley July Cup (Eng-I) at Newmarket on July 11. He has also entered the horse considered by most to be an unlucky loser of the Sagitta 2000 Guineas, Hawk Wing.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season