Joe Ragsdale's Sarah Sis established the early lead and just held off the fast-closing Pangburn to win the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) June 27 at Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino.
Sarah Sis, winner of the Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) earlier this year, heads the $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III) off her win in the May 30 Panthers Stakes over the Prairie Meadows surface.
Joe Ragsdale has been an owner for less than three years and the Oklahoman finds himself heading to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) with Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) winner Sarah Sis, trained by Ingrid Mason.
Sarah Sis cruised to an easy win in the $150,000 Honeybee Stakes (gr. III) March 7 at Oaklawn Park, defeating favorite Oceanwave by 1 1/2 lengths while tallying a breakthrough stakes win.
Rider Tim Thornton suffered a broken collarbone and facial fractures when he was dislodged after his mount clipped heels with another horse near the quarter mile pole in the fourth race at Hawthorne Race Course Oct. 21.
An Ohio state steward who spoke of resigning after video replays of a Nov. 20 Thistledown race disqualification cast doubt on the decision said he is unsure if he will step down after all.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby