Jockey Julien Couton sustained compression fractures to his thoracic vertebrae in a spill at Golden Gate Fields May 27 and will be sidelined for several weeks, track physician Dr. David Seftel reported the following morning.
Positive Response made the trip from California worthwhile for his connections with a dominant victory in the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park March 5.
Favored Positive Response seized the lead on the final turn and ran away with the $100,000 California Derby for his third consecutive victory at Golden Gate Fields Jan. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Dance With Fate Injured in Del Mar Incident
- Enhanced Security for Whitney, Travers Horses
- New York Horsemen Commit Money to Jockey Fund
- Keeneland Begins Installation of Dirt Surface
- Maybry's Boy to E.A. Ranches
- That Handicapping Show: Jim Dandy Stakes
- Revenue Down, Income Up for PNGI
- Texas AG Asked to Rule on Historical Racing
- My Option, La Tia Tangle in Ontario Matron
- Tonalist Looks Tough in Jim Dandy Stakes