Keeneland has named Julie Cauthen as director of owner and client development. Cauthen will be tasked with expanding Keeneland's efforts domestically to draw new owners to the Thoroughbred industry.
Penny Chenery has been selected as the Honor Guest of the Thoroughbred Club of America's Testimonial Dinner. The event takes place at Keeneland Sept. 30.
Donegal Racing announced Sept. 9 that Julie Cauthen has been named chief operating officer for the racing partnership.
Through day 13, the Keeneland September sale average is tracking 7.8% ahead of 2009 and the median to date has doubled.
The Keeneland November breeding stock sale was hammered last year by the global financial crisis, suffering alarming downturns of 45.5% in gross, 39% in average price, and 42.9% in median price after a record-setting run in 2007. This year, consignors and sale company officials are hoping that, at the very least, the declines will slow down, but the odds are against a rebound during the auction's 13-day run, Nov. 10-22, in Lexington.
While the plunging economy was pounding other mixed sales late in 2008, the Fasig-Tipton November select auction generated spectacular results. The gross revenue rose 35.1% from the previous year while the average price and median prices increased 58.8% and 38.9%, respectively.
The Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale bucked the prevailing negative trends in the Thoroughbred marketplace to post increases of 9.1% in median price and 5.7% in gross revenue during its three-day run that ended Oct. 28 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017