Riding the River, Canada's reigning male champion grass performer, successfully defended his title in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine June 23 with a late surge to nip Valentino Beauty and the late-charging Hotep.
Shut off while making a move for the lead in the stretch, Riding the River dipped to the inside for racing room and emerged with a 9-1 upset win in the $318,180 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 22 on the Woodbine turf course.
Unleashing a strong turn of foot entering the stretch, longshot Riding the River rallied from last to first under jockey Todd Kabel to post an upset in the King Edward Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Big Drama Colt Leads OBS Select Session
- Magic Touch: Human Therapist Helps Racehorses
- Travers Upset: V. E. Day Over Wicked Strong
- Limitations and Advances in Lameness Assessment
- Mine That Bird Movie Set for Wider Release
- Shared Belief's Hidden Key to Greatness
- Florida HBPA Launches New Website
- Starspangledbanner Colt Tops DBS Session
- Shared Belief Streaks to Pacific Classic Win
- Arc Winner Rail Link Relocated to France