Riding the River, Canada's reigning male champion grass performer, successfully defended his title in the King Edward Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine June 23 with a late surge to nip Valentino Beauty and the late-charging Hotep.
Shut off while making a move for the lead in the stretch, Riding the River dipped to the inside for racing room and emerged with a 9-1 upset win in the $318,180 Nijinsky Stakes (Can-IIT) July 22 on the Woodbine turf course.
Unleashing a strong turn of foot entering the stretch, longshot Riding the River rallied from last to first under jockey Todd Kabel to post an upset in the King Edward Stakes Presented by TVG (Can-IIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Mshawish Tops Taylor Made Roster, For Now
- Orb Colt Tops Fasig-Tipton Second Session
- Handy Work at Remington for Texas Chrome
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- No Raise for NYRA Discretionary Spending
- Twilight Son to Cheveley Park in 2017
- Malibu Moon, Tapit Colts Could Shine at F-T
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic