Participants in U.S. and European racing, including some who trained for and worked closely with the late Sheikh Maktoum, have expressed surprise and sorrow over the prominent horse owner and breeder's death Wednesday of an apparent heart attack at age 62.
Julian Richmond-Watson, the Jockey Club's Senior Steward, used his position as Guest of Honor at the Thoroughbred Breeders‚' Association's Annual Awards Dinner at London's Churchill Hotel Tuesday to outline his worries over the future administration of racing in Britain.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple GI Winner Richard's Kid to Magali
- CHRB to Meet as Hollywood Park Closure Nears
- Eight Stakes Elevated in Status for 2014
- What was the Top Race of 2013?
- Ultimate Guide To Winning 1 Million Points
- Hong Kong Cup Day: John Gosden - The Fugue
- NY Trainer Hits World Stage in Hong Kong
- Saturday Plays from Betfair Hollywood Park
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Chasing Landaluce